Why are we recruiting?
We are recruiting across a number of roles in order to strengthen the very good team we already have. We want to strengthen our numbers and add an additional team to our depot based in Derbyshire.
What is it like to work at Thompson Tree Services?
We believe in the culture we have at Thompson Tree Services which is to put people first. This is supported by our core values which are evident when dealing with our team:
- Be Safe. We want to go home safe and ensure everyone around us does too.
- Be Nice. We want to work with nice people because life is too short not to.
- Be Better Than Yesterday. We focus on our way of working and aim to be better than we were yesterday.
- In it Together. No arrogance, we muck in and get the job done to a good standard every time.
- Care for our Environment. Our work directly impacts the environment and we have a responsibility to ensure it is not negatively impacted.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people that fit in with our values and way of working. We have a number of roles available to suit different experince and qualification levels. Operationally we are looking for team leaders who have a good level of their certificates up to date and with a number of years experience climbing and leading a team, through to people with minimal certificates and 12 months experience.
We will be recruiting for apprentices ready for the September in take at college, if this is something you are interested in we will always take time to talk to you about this.
So what roles are actually available?
The roles we are currently recruiting for are:
- Arboricultural Manager. Ideal for a previous team leader who has moved or wants to move into a managerial position.
- Team Leaders. An experienced arborist with a good level of certificates and experience leading a team.
- Skilled Arborists. An Arborist with a good level of experience and certificates.
- Junior Arborists. For someone who has a keen interest in tree work and a great work ethic.
- Maintenance and Groundsman. A varied role suited to someone who can maintain a wide variety of machinery and enjoys assisting the teams operationally.
What if I am unsure?
If you are unsure if the move is right for you then pick up the phone and give us a call. One of our team will be more than happy to chat it through and answer any questions you may have.